Happy teeth is a NHS run campaign promoting oral hgygiene. They offer helpful information such as how to find a dentist, preventing gum disease, looking after babies teeth and so much more. We have included a few tips below but if you would like to find out more please visit Oral health promotion resources | Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust (kentcht.nhs.uk).
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste containing 1350-1500 ppm. You should brush your teeth at night and one other occasion.
- Brush all surfaces of the tooth carefully and the gum line as well.
- Spit out after brushing but do not rinse as this reduces the effectiveness of the fluoride.
- Reduce the amounts of sugary drinks and food you eat to reduce the risk of decay.
- Brush your childs teeth twice a day.
- Best times to brush teeth are in the morning and evening.
- Chose sugar free medications.
- Vist a dentist for a dental check by age one.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.