Flu & Pneumococcal Immunisation
Seasonal Flu Vaccination is available from September to January
You are eligible for a flu vaccination if you are aged 65 years and over, or in one of the 'at-risk' groups:
- CHRONIC RESPIRATORY DISEASE - this includes COPD and asthma that requires continuous or repeated use of inhaled or systemic steroids or with previous exacerbations requiring hospital admission
- CHRONIC HEART DISEASE
- CHRONIC RENAL DISEASE
- CHRONIC LIVER DISEASE
- CHRONIC NEUROLOGICAL DISEASE
- PREGNANT WOMEN
- CARERS - those who are in receipt of a carer's allowance, or those who are the main carer of an older or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.
IF YOU ARE HOUSEBOUND AND UNABLE TO GET TO EITHER SURGERY FOR VACCINATION PLEASE RING THE SURGERY TO BE ADDED TO THE LIST OF THOSE TO BE VACCINATED AT HOME
Does Age Affect The Risk Of Flu?
Yes. If you are aged 65 years or over or you are at higher risk.
Who Is At Risk?
- If you are aged 65 years or over or if you are on regular inhaled steroids
- If you have a chronic respiratory disease (including asthma)
- If you have chronic heart disease
- If you have chronic renal disease
- If you are diabetic
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you live in a long-stay residential or nursing home
- If you have a chronic liver disease
- If you are a carer
Do I Need To Be Protected Against Pneumococcal Infection?
Everybody aged 65 and over should now be immunised to help protect them against pneumococcal infection which can cause diseases such as pneumonia, septicaemia (blood poisoning) and meningitis. Please phone the surgery during September to make an appointment if the above applies to you.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.